Home renovations & handyman services built on three generations of trust
Home renovations are becoming harder to start because finding a contractor that is the right fit can be extremely difficult. These days there is even a saying that anyone with a hammer and pickup truck is a contractor.
Among the thousands of them in King County, there are few reputable, honest, and reliable firms which can provide you with the level of real world experience and a systematic, detailed project approach which is necessary for a headache-free project.
HTP Builders is a King County SCS Certified, family-owned company that is backed by three generations of experience. With a client-oriented focus, our team members demonstrate strong business ethics and participate in continuous training on industry best practices. The results are trusted, lifelong relationships with our clients and beautiful home improvements. Once you find a “good one”, you hold onto them. Some Facts:
- There are about 450–550 contractors who simultaneously operate within each city in King County alone (these are the ones that registered with the state – there is many more who work unlicensed).
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms 76% of these firms close soon after start-up.
- Of those that remain, a recent survey discovered that 30% were no longer in business after 5 years.
- Reports indicate that this failure is due to poor business and project management skills, and a lack of general building competency.
This revolving door of “contractors” has inundated the home renovation market with firms using outdated methods and ineffective management strategies and some really inferior workmanship, all at the expense of the homeowner.
After years of home improvement experience we have developed a process for every project that we have found virtually eliminates these unnecessary and frustrating problems that are too common in the industry.
What our clients have told us
Over the years our clients have told us what they truly appreciated when working with us:
- They liked our systematic approach from start to finish.
- Continuous project communication meetings.
- We provided a written schedule before construction and we let them know what was to be done each day.
- Before and after install, quality checklist inspections for each phase of work.
- They had continuous project supervision with one point of contact for production who was onsite daily and anytime other craftsmen were present.
- Respect for their home and the fact that we minimize the amount of dust created in the home.
- The work space was kept as clean and organized as possible – clean up on a daily basis.
- A ”plastic-wall” barrier separated the work space from the rest of the home.
- Our quotation was all-inclusive with no surprises at the end of the project.
- The 2-year No-Worries Warranty
Ready for your next project? Home improvement is our specialty.
Licenses, certifications and associations
Small Contractor Supplier
AGC Local Member
Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc
Certified National Sustainable Building Advisors
Safety Trained Team
EPA Lead Certification
Premier Network Member
How can we help?
The fact is there are a lot of folks in the King County area who call themselves a contractor. There are some excellent companies to choose from, but we are outnumbered by the many fly by night operators.
A home renovation or repair project is not just a financial commitment, but is also a disruption of your lifestyle. We understand that most people feel some anxiety while they are looking for and working with a home improvement contractor.
We appreciate this opportunity to earn your business. We realize what it takes to get your business, what it takes to give you the results you demand, and what needs to be done to eliminate many of the common headaches and frustrations people have when trying to improve their home.
Home improvement specialists. Learn More