HTPB Home Design
Take your remodeling or new home design and construction project from just an idea to a solid, detailed concept. HTP Builders’ project development and design services offers custom designs tailored to your needs.
Your design will include color, 3D renderings to provide you with a clear understanding of the final outcome. Over the years, we have found this to be the most sensible project approach for a number of reasons.
First, it’s the only way you can really see what you’re getting for the price you’ll be paying. Without a tangible design, you do not have the transparency of knowing exactly what you’re getting for your investment. Plus, there is no way to know if your project can realistically be built to turn out the way you want it to.
This often skipped, but vital phase ensures your project can be built to your needs and budget. Unfortunately, more often than not, it is overlooked at the expense of the buyer.
Why is this critical first step skipped?
Many homeowners wonder why all contractors don’t recommend beginning with the end in mind and starting with the design phase. This is due to the common lack in the services provided and skill set of local contractors. Simply put, if your builder doesn’t offer design services they will recommend against it. Typically they brush it off claiming it’s unnecessary even though it is crucial to the success of your project. In reality, this is the only logical way to get your project started off in the right direction as:
- It is common for new, completed work to be torn out immediately following installation when the functionality of the space does not turn out as promised by the contractor.
- Demolition of brand-new finishes, removed and replaced, happens all too often when owners don’t like the look after it all comes together.
- Tradesmen are not designers and do not have the experience to be relied upon to design projects which take design elements, features, and practices into consideration.
- Traditional contractors are not design professionals, so a short site visit and free estimate will NOT provide homeowners with the design details they need to make educated project decisions. Decisions that will make or break your project budget.
A process that simply works
The solution to this problem is simply to not overlook the project development and design phase. This has been described as the most important part of project planning as it is the only way we can “begin with the end in mind.” Moreover, the design-build approach is widely known and accepted as the best project delivery method for home improvement projects. It is what helps us to ensure we completely understand your needs and wants in order to provide you with the ideal service package.
Here is a sample breakdown of our process which will be tailored to meet your specific project goals:
Upfront project planning
First we listen, then we build. At the start of each home design we collect all the information we need to make sure your needs will be met and we design a space you will love.
This way we can best understand how your project will progress while saving time and money. It all starts with a Project Discovery Call where we will learn more about what you want to accomplish. Then, we will get together for a face-to-face consultation.
Together, at your first meeting, we will consider:
- The Scope. We will review the scope and provide information on the potential project.
- Conventional or Green Remodeling. We can provide a number of different solutions for your project. If you’re interested, we will suggest green options to improve your home’s efficiency while reducing its environmental footprint.
- Budget & Payment Options. We will discuss an estimated budget for you to consider how much you can realistically invest. Then, we will assess your funding needs to determine if alternative payment options are required.
- HTPB’s Questionnaire. The Home Design and Remodel Form will be completed, so we will clearly understand your wants, needs, and goals.
*Note: You do not need permits on all projects; however, if they are required we will include initial as-built sketches with layout dimensions of the home. If necessary, we may also have to check with the local building officials concerning code and zoning issues.
Conceptual project design
At the second meeting your designer will discuss design options with you. This will enable us to prepare and present an initial home design which will be developed based on your target-investment budget. Yes, your budgetary constraints will drive the design to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
These drawings may include:
- Floor Plans
- Exterior Elevation Views
- Interior Views
- Color, 3D Doll-House Views and more
Revisions to the design may be requested at this point, so your design can be finalized.
As long as you do not need permits, this will complete the project design phase and we can move into construction.
Now, we will provide you with additional budget considerations, assistance with selecting finish materials that will meet your investment goals, and a fixed-price proposal to move the design-build process into construction.
Download the “Why Our Approach Works” PDF
A permit-ready plan set
If your project requires permits, additional architectural services will be required. This is due to the fact that you will need a permit-ready plan set completed in order to submit your project to the building department. The process continues…
Your conceptual drawings will be presented to you and if you’re happy with the design, your plans will be processed by our architect and we can move into selecting your finishes.
While the architectural work takes place, we can accompany you to showrooms to assist you with choosing finish materials. This will allow us to guide you through the selection process making sure your choices will meet your budget expectations.
The next step is for us to obtain your final approval, so your preliminary-architectural drawings will be reviewed.
This enables us to make sure you are completely satisfied with the overall design.
If needed, you may now request any final revisions to the plans and any minor changes or additions to the project will be made.
Once approved, your architectural plans will be finalized and our engineering partners will conduct a thorough structural review. These finished production drawings are now ready to be submitted to the city as your permit-set has been completed.
A project approach you can appreciate
With High Tech Pacific Builders’ time-tested approach to home design and construction you will be put first and your project goals will be met. Moreover, if need be, we can also provide you with an all-inclusive design-build service package which offers a “from-concept-to-construction” concept. This is our one-stop-shop approach that we know you’ll love.
Get your design in motion by contacting us today.