The process behind our you-first approach addresses all the major issues and common frustrations that cause homeowners undue, project-related stress. During your in-home consultation, you will learn just how we approach our projects to alleviate the risk of running into these types of problems.
The unfortunate facts
The statistics do not lie and the numbers are less than favorable when you take a look at the facts.
- There are about 450–550 contractors who simultaneously operate within each city in King County alone (these are only those registered with the state – there is many more who work unlicensed).
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms 76% of these firms close soon after start-up.
- Of those that remain, a recent survey discovered that 30% were no longer in business after 5 years.
- Reports indicate that this failure is due to poor business and project management skills, and a lack of general building competency.
Request a Consultation
Due to this revolving door of “contractors” the area is inundated the home renovations firms using outdated methods and ineffective management strategies. Not to mention the comparatively inferior workmanship. All this at the expense of the homeowner.
When you look at the facts, you'll see why it is so common for home renovations to go bad. Remodeling firms have one of the highest business-failure rates in the US as only 33% of contractors accurately estimate projects. Meaning, if you aren’t ripped off and left hanging, you have a 67% chance of getting a low-ball quote and bombarded with hidden fees. This is why, statistics say you have a 71% chance of getting your project completed over budget.
So, what can you do to skip the contractor horror story when updating your home? Choose a company with written policies and procedures. A firm led by a craftsman who is formally trained in project management and industry best practices. In King County, that contractor-of-choice is High Tech Pacific Builders.
A step in the right direction
After years of home improvement experience the HTP Builders team has developed a unique process that works. This smarter, you-first approach virtually eliminates the unnecessary and frustrating problems that are too common in the industry.
What our clients have told us
Over the years our clients have told us what they truly appreciated when working with us:
- They liked our systematic approach from start to finish.
- Continuous project communication meetings.
- They loved our computer-based project management and Online Client Portal.
- We provided a written schedule before construction and we let them know what was to be done each day.
- Before and after install, quality checklist inspections for each phase of work.
- They had continuous project supervision with one point of contact for production who was onsite daily and anytime other craftsmen were present.
- Respect for their home and the fact that we minimize the amount of dust created in the home.
- The work space was kept as clean and organized as possible – clean up on a daily basis.
- A ''plastic-wall'' barrier separated the work space from the rest of the home.
- Our quotation was all-inclusive with no surprises at the end of the project.
- The HTPB ''No-Worries Warranty''
Licenses, certifications, and associations
MBE Certification: M5M992250
"We have hired High Tech Pacific Builders for several jobs now and have had wonderful experiences each time. They have done woodwork, pressure washing and custom window screens for all of our windows that our pets would not destroy (which required research and ordering special materials). We will continue to hire them in the future for odd jobs as they arise."